Last weekend I woke up in the mood for muffins. I thought I should be able to find a recipe that matched what I had in my cupboard but I couldn’t. Usually when I start substituting like crazy, whatever I end up with is still ok if a little meh. But these muffins turned out great! So I thought I better write it down and share it with my readers (which I think is only one at this point).
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Florida crystals sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (I had a little less, just what was left in the freezer)
- Heat oven to 350. Place paper cups in a 12 muffin pan.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, oil, sour cream, water, and almond extract with wire whisk until well blended.
- In smaller bowl, blend flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to the large bowl. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Mash up banana. Add banana and blueberries to batter.
- Divide evenly among the 12 muffin cups in the pan (about 3/4 full).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
These were super yummy!